Social Emails are an additional amplification tool available to you when you purchase InGo. These items help differentiate your existing email marketing cadences. You can obtain any of the code snippets presently by logging into the InGo Dashboard and navigating to your event > and then clicking on the navigation item "Social Emails."
InGo has two examples of readily available email templates:
- Who's In / See Who's Going - based on who has last socially logged in, usually displaying at least 6 people/Advocates.
- Top Social Media Advocate / Social Media User - based on the most amount of invites sent + the most amount of friends/contacts in that user's 1st degree, usually displaying around 6 people/Advocates.
1. Who's In / See Who's Going
- Purpose: This email type is used when you want to encourage non-registrants to register and/or post on social media.
- Target List: Send this email type to your list of non-registrants.
2. Top Social Media Advocate
- Purpose: This email type is used when you want to encourage existing registrants to also register and/or post on social media. The purpose is to build a competitive element or fun and engaging type of campaign to drive social media postings.
- Target List: Send this email type to your already existing registrants.
When to use and how many to send
InGo recommends sending at least 4-6 Social Emails per event to ensure you nudge/remind/incentivize your registrants to invite their friends, contacts and colleagues to your event.
How to USE IF YOU ARE SENDING
- Simply insert the provided HTML code file sent to you by your InGo Account Manager into your email marketing software in the HTML / SOURCE Tab.
- Change the Unsubscribe link in the footer - this MUST be changed to hook into your system's unsubscribe function otherwise unsubscribes will not work.
- Change the copy if you wish.
- Test the campaign to ensure all links work and 3. click "send!"
- Do NOT change the links as there is a lot of coding "magic" happening behind each link.
Social Email Quick Tip Summary
- Remember you can use these emails in any number of cadences.
- You can and should utilize these code snippets or entire emails to supplement your existing campaigns.
- If you are sending on your own email-marketing platform, DO NOT CHANGE THE HTML LINKS for the SHARE BUTTONS.